Vintage Los Angeles has a new website!!! Click here!  VintageLosAngeles.net

Comments

  1. Your site is fantastic! I am "re-living" my fun days in L.A. in the Sixties. I worked for Clyde Wallichs for a while and also did a little work for Rudy Valee, up at his Pyramid Place compound. I must have also hung out at nearly all of those great "googie style" coffee shops, although Norm's was my favorite breakfast spot.

    I am curious about one thing: There seems to be very little mention anyplace of that great jazz emporium and night club, The Roaring Twenties, on La Cienega Blvd. I practically lived there every Saturday night. The owner, Paul Cummins, was also an Iowa Boy and we hit it off. As a musician, I have never seen another place to equal it.

    Thanks so much for the effort you have put in to this. Keep it going Alison!

    Garry in Portland
    Portland

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Los Angeles during the 1970s

Remembering Tower Records

Melrose Ave in the '80's