Owl Rexall Drugs
Owl Rexall Drug store opened its headquarters and flagship store in 1947 at the corner of Beverly Blvd and La Cienega. President, Justin W. Dart, originally from Chicago, liked the climate in Southern California and decided to open a chain of Owl Santog Rexall stores. The particular location was the largest in So Cal. Its ultramodern 'curved' design was originally attached to the new world headquarters for United-Rexall Drug Inc. The structure is still there today.., kinda. It's now a quarter of the size. But, at the time it was considered the most glamorous pharmacy in the world which included cosmetic displays, a food counter, a separate liquor & cigar section, a candy section, and tall wooden phone booths. High end glamour at its peak.